Do you have one or more discolored teeth? Have you always wanted brighter teeth, but other whitening treatments don’t offer the desired results? Try professional whitening treatment. Dr. Jordan Morris offers teeth whitening treatment as a cosmetic dental option for patients in Sahuarita, AZ, to whiten their smiles. Professional teeth whitening treatment offers quick results and benefits patients attending events like birthday parties, graduations, or weddings.
Why Do Teeth Become Discolored?
There are many common causes of tooth stains and discoloration, including:
- Foods and beverages: Certain types of foods and drinks contain chromogens, dyes that stain the outer tooth enamel. Sometimes a good oral hygiene routine isn’t enough to remove stains from daily foods or beverages like coffee or tea.
- Poor Dental Hygiene: If you do not brush or floss enough, you will likely experience plaque and tartar buildup. These areas of bacterial buildup can infect the teeth and gums and discolor teeth.
- Injuries: Hits to the teeth and chips or cracks in the enamel uncover dentin, a dark underlayer beneath the tooth enamel. Dentin can make teeth appear discolored if they show through the enamel.
- Genetics: Some patients are more likely than others to develop tooth discoloration because of their enamel. Patients with thicker enamel typically have brighter teeth if they do not experience tooth wear or injuries.
- Medications: Certain medications like antihistamines have tooth discoloration as a side effect.
Zoom Teeth Whitening in Sahuarita, AZ
Philips Zoom whitening treatment provides quick, effective treatment for patients with extrinsic tooth stains. To begin whitening treatment, Dr. Morris protects the lips and gums and then cleans the teeth. He places the Zoom whitening gel onto the surface of each tooth and activates it with a special light.
The gel stays on the teeth for 15 minutes. Then, Dr. Morris removes the gel and repeats the process. Overall, Zoom teeth whitening takes about 45 minutes. Zoom whitening can lighten the enamel by multiple shades because of active ingredients like hydrogen peroxide that penetrate the enamel and lift stains.
Teeth Whitening Dos and Dont’s
After you whiten your teeth, avoid the following:
- Eating or drinking foods and beverages that stain teeth
- Acidic and sugary foods that wear down the enamel
- Abrasive toothpaste and hard-bristled toothbrushes
- Smoking or using tobacco products
Instead, you can continue to brush and floss your teeth and gums. You can also continue to make biannual appointments for dental cleanings and examinations.
Q&A: Teeth Whitening in Sahuarita, AZ
Learn more about whitening treatment and what whitening can do for your smile:
Can you whiten dental veneers?
While you cannot whiten porcelain veneers, dental crowns, or bonding treatments, these treatments can address intrinsic tooth stains. Patients with intrinsic tooth stains do not benefit from whitening treatments because they have stains within their teeth. Whitening treatments remove superficial extrinsic stains from the enamel. Please let us know if you have an old or discolored cosmetic treatment or restoration, and we can find a replacement for a brighter smile.
How long does whitening treatment last?
In-office teeth whitening treatments typically last for many months. However, treatment lasts longer if you brush and floss daily. Properly caring for your smile to maintain results with a good oral hygiene routine will ensure results last longer.
What is the “white diet” following teeth whitening treatment?
After whitening treatment, patients must avoid staining foods and beverages. Instead, they can consume foods like:
- White Cheese
Brighten Your Smile
Contact Dr. Jordan Morris for whitening treatment today at 520.412.9162. You can also schedule a dental appointment online to whiten your smile.